Wheels In Motion
Wheels in Motion is a Big Lottery Funded, community transport project launched in November 2013. The Wheels in Motion project aims to increase the wellbeing and quality of life of older and disabled people living in rural Bedford, by providing transport, to allow for better access to services and activities.
We are currently recruiting volunteer drivers for our community car scheme. This is a great opportunity for local people to make a real difference in their communities. If you want to meet new people and enjoy driving, then why not give us a call on 01234 345558.There is no minimum time commitment required for this opportunity and volunteer drivers are needed 7 days a week.
· Applicants will be required to undertake a DBS (CRB) check and to provide MOT/ insurance information and documentation
· Volunteers will be paid 45p per mile in expenses for journeys undertaken
· MiDAS and PATs driver training will be provided free of charge (the cost ordinarily is £150)
· An induction will be given with experienced drivers
· Drivers must be over 21 and have held a license for more than 2 years